Looking for a day indoor? Explore the museums and shopping for through out the Flathead Valley. What can you fined?
Plan Your Day.
- Sort by Popularity
- Up for an evening of stimulating entertainment? Head to a one of the Valley’s three theater groups for shows that cater to all ages and interests. Stop for a pre-show dinner at Meadow Lake Bar and Grille before the show! Check the websites for shows and tickets or contact Meadow Lake Resort Activities Desk. Whitefish Theater Company. http://www.whitefishtheatreco.org 1 Central Avenue Whitefish, MT 59937 15 minutes from Meadow Lake Resort Alpine Theater Project. http://www.atpwhitefish.org 127 Spokane Avenue Whitefish, MT 59937 15 minutes from Meadow Lake Resort Bigfork Summer Playhouse. http://www.bigforksummerplayhouse.com 526 Electric Avenue Bigfork, MT 59911, 30 minutes from Meadow Lake Resort. 15 minutes from Rocky Bar-O. Dinner and show packages available.
- Spend some time sampling Montana’s contribution to the national craft-beer and distilling explosions. Flathead Valley hosts ten breweries and distilleries, each producing multiple libations. Visit the websites for tour and entertainment offerings. Columbia Falls own Backslope Brewery is just five minutes from Meadow Lake Resort. Remember to designate a driver, drink responsibly, or a little of both. Distance: Five minutes to 1 hour drive from Meadow Lake Resort Cost: Entry is free. Prices vary by consumption Recommended Attire: Weather appropriate casual. Intensity: You pick the intensity. Check websites for age restrictions More Information: Contact Meadow Lake Resort Activities Desk (800) 321-4653 or direct websites: Columbia Falls: Backslope Brewing— http://www.backslopebrewing.com/ Whitefish: The Great Northern Brewing Company -http://www.greatnorthernbrewing.com/ Bonsai Brewing Project –http://www.allaboutbeer.com/article/bonsai-brewing-project/ Spotted Bear Spirits -http://www.spottedbearspirits.com/ Kalispell: Kalispell Brewing Company -https://www.kalispellbrewing.com/ Sacred Water Brewing - https://www.sacredwatersbrewing.com/ Bigfork: Flathead Lake Brewing Company –http://www.flatheadlakebrewing.com/ Whistling Andy Distilling -http://www.whistlingandy.com/ Lakeside: Tamarack Brewing Company -http://www.tamarackbrewing.com/lakeside/ Coram: Glacier Distilling Company -http://www.glacierdistilling.com/ Eureka: H.A. Brewing Company -http://www.habrewing.com/
- It’s almost certain that there’s one thing missing in Montana that your home state has: SALES TAX. Every week is tax free week for Montana shoppers. You can support local shops in Whitefish, Big Fork, Kalispell and Columbia Falls for unique items. Head to Kalispell’s downtown local storefronts and mall, or north side for the national chains where you can stock up on sneakers at Famous footwear, find deals at JC Penny, bulk up at Costco, or dress for less at Ross, not to mention the many more that are being constructed. Recommended Time: It’s shopping so you choose. For some, as quick as possible. Others will make a day of it. Distance: Up to 22-minute drive from Meadow Lake Resort to Kalispell’s North Side shops. Cost: Less than were you live. Recommended Attire: Weather dependent. Intensity: Hopefully low. More Information: Contact Meadow Lake Resort Activities Desk (800) 321-4653
- Spend an afternoon at Kalispell’s Conrad Mansion, a turn of the century 13,000-foot estate that was constructed for one of the West’s early developers. Check the website for special events the week of your visit. Recommended time: 2 to 3 hours Distance: 25-minute drive from Meadow Lake Resort. Cost: $18 per person. Recommended Attire: Nothing special Intensity: Low More Information: Contact Meadow Lake Resort Activities Desk (800) 321-4653 or direct http://www.conradmansion.com/index.html
- Bring the bounty of Montana’s Flathead Valley farms to your resort kitchen to cook up for sumptuous enjoyment with your family and guests. Don’t want to cook? Pick up some locally grown and crafted pies and other delicacies. You may even find the perfect hand-crafted souvenir! From May to September, there’s plenty of Home Grown, Hand Made produce and goods to help you eat local and keep you entertained while you shop. It’s fun for ages. Here’s a schedule. Columbia Falls—Mondays, Marantette Park 133 13th St. E, Columbia Falls, MT 59912 5pm to 8pm. 10 minutes from Meadow Lake Resort. Whitefish—Every Tuesday from 5pm to 7:30pm. Central Avenue at Depot Park, Whitefish MT. 15 minutes from Meadow Lake Resort. Kalispell—Saturdays, 9am to 12:30pm. Flathead Valley Community College, 777 Grandview Dr., Kalispell MT. 20 minutes from Meadow Lake Resort Polson—Friday’s 9 AM to 1 PM. 3rd Ave West, between Main St and 1st Street West. Polson MT 1 ½ hour from Meadow Lake Resort. Bigfork—Friday’s 10am to 1pm 8098 MT-35, Bigfork, MT 5991. 30 minutes from resort. Recommended time: One to two hours. Distance: Ten minutes to 1 ½ hrs. depending on market. Cost: Free Recommended Attire: Weather dependent Intensity: Low impact fun for the entire family. More Information: See Meadow Lake Resort Activities Desk, market websites, or Facebook pages.